THRIFT STORE DONATION ACCEPTANCE GUIDELINES
Toberman Neighborhood Center encourages businesses and individuals to donate new or gently used clothing, household items, small appliances, office supplies, computers and printers, and household/office furniture. Items donated to Toberman will be distributed through the Thrift Store and the Family Assistance Program. Some donated items are sold, others are given, at no cost, to those in need through a voucher system monitored by the Family Assistance and FamilySource Programs. 100% of all proceeds go directly toward the support Toberman programming.
When donating items to Toberman, you will be given a tax receipt of your donation for your records. Toberman will not estimate the value of your donation. It is the donor’s responsibility to determine the value of donated items. For help in determining the value of your donation, please make inquiries of your tax consultant or visit www.irs.gov/publications/p526/index.html
- Donate your items directly to Thrift Store staff during their operating hours Tuesday thru Friday 10am to 2 pm.
- Wash or dry clean clothing.
- Test electrical equipment and battery-operated items to make sure it is working prior to donation; include all accessories and operating manuals, if available.
- Include all pieces and parts to children’s games and toys.
- Bring an itemized list of your donation and ask for a receipt.
- Drop off or leave items unattended outside of the Thrift Store when it is closed.
- Donate broken or soiled items.
- Give items that have been recalled, banned, or do not meet current safety standards. For more information about questionable items, please visit Consumer Product Safety Commission http://www.cpsc.gov
Due to limited resources, we no longer can accommodate requests for the pickup of clothing/small household items. To schedule a pickup of furniture, please call 310-832-1145 extension 142. While we try our best to work with your schedule, pick up appointments for large items should be made one week in advance. We cannot accommodate a same-day pickup for large items. After arriving at your location, Toberman Neighborhood Center reserves the right to refuse damaged, soiled, inoperable, or inappropriate donations. Please note that availability of our staff to come to you and pick up furniture will depend on your location and time of year.
Please continue your support by donating your unneeded items. Your donations help Toberman to fulfill its mission of helping families and individuals move from poverty to self-sufficiency. Our Thrift Store is located at 131 N Grand Ave., San Pedro, CA. Their phone number is (310) 832-1145 ext 140. Our Thrift Store is open Tuesday thru Friday 10am to 2pm.